Documents to file for a Car Accident Claim
Car accident lawyers are in a good position to advise their clients on what papers to file. The time to file a case can be shortened and the compensation period as well if a client contacts their insurance company soon after the accident occurs. Many of the details pertaining to the accident are available at the scene. Talk to auto accident attorneys for more details.
Checklist of Documents and the Details include:
- Name, Insurance policy information, Driver’s License information
- Date, Location and time of accident, and the Weather conditions
- Name, License numbers and insurance information of the other driver and passengers involved in the accident
- Copy of the police report and any other information; also the Traffic ticket copy
- Information on the driver’s condition – whether he was driving under the influence etc.
Additional information that has to be provided to one’s car accident lawyer will be available only after the accident. It includes doctor’s reports – once a doctor is made aware of the accident, he will recommend x-rays and other tests to find out the extent of the injuries. Images of the injured areas can be used as evidence of the seriousness of an accident. Documents will include:
- doctor’s reports and medical bills
- treatment expenses and therapy recommended by doctors
- days and wages at work due to the car accident
- copies of letters written to the insurance company with regard to the accident
Sometimes auto accident attorneys go to the accident scene to take pictures and get an idea of how the incident played out. They also interview witnesses and the parties involved – statements so obtained can be used in a lawsuit. It is a good idea to maintain contacts with one’s attorney and the insurance company throughout the process. This helps them to be in loop of all that is happening at all times. If required, their intervention can also bring in some minute detailing in the case which can otherwise be extremely important in nature. Being associated with one of the best car accident lawyers brings in a great deal of difference to the victim – he or she is able to make a better and faster claim with the insurance company, deal with the legal and police formalities without any hassles and above all, receive the best possible compensation in against of the trauma, mental distress and expenses incurred. However, all this is possible only when you get in touch with the best car accident lawyers in the city.